Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thanks so Much to Everyone

Kevin and I have had a very emotional week, wrestling with our own desires vs. God's Will and what is best for our family at this time. I believe firmly that when you get enough people together, praying for a common purpose, the answer comes through pretty load and clear (yes, sometimes God DOES send a butterfly to land on you!) After much discussion, Kevin and I have decided to withdraw our application for the baby. There are many reasons, but most importantly, it's not His will. Period. At this time. Maybe later.

Initially I was nervous about how this would mess up the baby's chances for her forever family, but she will be snatched up so quickly once the word gets out. Then I thought "how can I tell Donna"? which is a little funny since it's not my Mom or Frannie or ....

Kevin and I are both on the same page with this and we are both so happy at this time with Frannie. We "hit the lottery" as Cheryl put it with our daughter and we couldn't be happier about our family at this time.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I am sure this was a very difficult decision for you and your family. I am happy to hear that our prayers for you have been answered loud and clear and God has directed your decisions no matter how tough they are. I have only prayed for God's guidance to lead you in the right direction and it sounds like you have listened-for that I am grateful.

This little girl will find a home quickly especially with me out there advocating for her ;) God must have a very special family waiting on her.

I believe Frannie will one day have a sibling and I look forward to when that day comes no matter sooner or later. For now I am happy to call you a very special friend and for Shelby to have a great playmate with Frannie. Your family is complete for now until God decides otherwise.

I am so glad you have the strength and courage to listen to Him. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

With much love my friend,
Donna

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Nothing to worry about obviously - I suppose from the developments of the day that she has been snatched! I wonder if you will ever know where she is? See you soon, friend! L

Cathie said...

God's will is such a wonderful gift and so many times difficult to hear over want we think WE want. You have just allowed God's will to provide a miracle to someone else. Reid has recently asked for a brother AND a sister (besides a daddy). I've asked God if he wouldn't mind printing his will on stone tablets for me so that I'm clear! My thoughts and prayers are with your WONDERFUL FAMILY!

Carol said...

We went thru several maybe's before Emily.........and it's not easy........hope you are doing ok.

Hugs my friend....