Friday, April 11, 2008

Trip to Charleston


We had a great few days in Charleston. I had never been and Kevin has never been there sober so, it was a new experience for all of us. Frannie did remarkably well on the drive to and fro. We saw most of what we wanted to see, ate great seafood and walked it all off over the course of 2 and a half days. What in the world does "lowcountry" mean anyway? We decided that we could definitely live there (if we won the lottery or, alternatively, if the state gives teachers a 250% payraise this year). It made me ache to remodel. I discovered pralines -- ohmygosh they are evil. CRAP, now I know they exist and it will haunt me! Going anywhere near there? Pick me up a few dozen. We are on spring break, of course, and I started thinking about going back to work next week and we only have 6 weeks left until summer break. I was also thinking a lot about my friends Shelby and Maddie recovering from surgeries -- please pray for 2 little girls whose wonderful parents have been through the ringer the past few weeks, having to watch their little girls endure a LOT of pain. (see my "Favorites")

I started work on Frannie's built-in bookshelves and toychest/bench, yikes. I'll post some photos later, but not too close-up :) No word on the baby yet, still waiting for pre-approval from China.


3 comments:

Peggy Ward said...

I love your blog! So great to be able to peek into your life. You take great photos, and it's always so interesting to read. Good work! Glad you liked Charleston.

Anonymous said...

It looks like fun! Thanks for thinking of Maddie, she is doing AWESOME now!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

We LOVE Charleston and go there every summer to the beach! Can't wait to take Ally this summer. She too likes pralines - I usually make about 3 stops for "samples" everytime we pass the candy store. We went to Savannah for 3 days and they have several candy stores that do pralines! YUM!