Thursday, May 1, 2008

Remember One Year Ago?


I can't help but think about that day, one year ago, when we first saw Frannie's picture and "picked her" out of a line-up! What a crazy, emotional day. My buddies at work saw me at my worst. Kevin and I decided at about 6:30 am to give it a go with the Waiting Child list. I can't believe that! "Which one do you want?" "I don't know!^@# How about the 9-fingered one, she looks happy" Jennifer, Lisa, Deb and Senada saw me crying and sobbing and poor Aisha and Chrissy got my call, bawling about how we want #9 on the list (was it 9?), yelling at Kevin, Kevin yelling at me, crying about Mother's Day signs on the side of the road, my poor student's Mom telling me to take the day off because I was such a basket case --- and finally, after about 24 hours, looking at her picture and totally falling in love with her. I just knew she was our baby. Lisa was right, I loved her even before I knew her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen. I remember our day too...it's such an emotional day. It's hard to believe it's been a year.
Anyway, we booked our flights to AL. Tell Frannie Maddie wants to play! :)

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I can't believe that our little "group" is approaching our first set of "firsts"! It's amazing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember that day. But it was all worth it in the end. May you and your family continue to be blessed.

Briana's Mom said...

Happy 1 year! Our girls do look very similar! Amazing!

Carol said...

1 year already......Wow....we just finished up the 6 month post placement.......time is flying, and they are GROWING!!