Saturday, July 24, 2010

Interesting Read


I love to listen to books on tape in my car, since I do spend so much time there for work. My latest book on tape is interesting, funny and depressing (see cover). Of particular note is the author's casual mention of the "animal market" in Guangzhou, across the bridge from Shamian Island. Wait a darn second, that's where we stayed last year (see blog entries from September, 2009, fuzzy photos due to extreme humidity and bog-like climate that week). He mentions that SAARs started in this market from contamination..... Wait a dang minute .... we spent positively HOURS walking through this place.... Nancy, how are YOU feeling....

If you've spent any time at all in China, I recommend this read (or listen, as the case may be). WARNING: It can make you depressed about our children's country, however.

1 comment:

Peggy Ward said...

Thanks for your blog updates...they are always great.