Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of School




The girls had an emotional start, but evidently they had a good first day of Pre-K and daycare (same place for them, different rooms). Grace told me she liked it, which is saying a lot for her. She is still in diapers (yep, not ready) so they had to make a last-minute switch from the "potty-trained" room to the "not quite ready" room.

My first day of school went great. I can't tell you how much I miss my students every summer and how grateful I am to have such great parents who greet me with open arms every year! I will be working 32 hours per week so Wednesdays I get to stay home and take care of some business or read a book or do some laundry, yeah!

Grace's surgery is set for September 15. In case you are wondering, she is having a p-flap surgery (fixing the palate again), her hernia fixed and new tubes installed in her ears. Don't tell her about this surgery, I want it to be a surprise. Not funny, but seriously, I'm not telling her until September 14. By the way, by complete coincidence, Grace's anniversary date of officially being OURS is also September 15.

The pictures are from our trip to the Harkness cabin (thanks again Doug and Lucy), the first day of school and a post-Wendy's Frosty photo taken of my two girls who handle Frostys in drastically different ways, as shown by this picture. Click on the bottom picture to get the full effect of the chocolate ice cream aftermath. It's ironic that your name is Grace -- you are just like your Mama!

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I love a girl who thoroughly enjoys her ice cream -- let's plan a Wed meeting - you know, around lunch time!