Monday, November 22, 2010

Priceless


I really love Grace's ode to me. Reminds me of an incident on a trip to Italy: my friend and I were visiting Cinque Terra and the owners of the gorgeous seaside restaurant and pensione had two sons and a cat with one missing eye. I asked the younger son what the word is for "eye" in Italian. He said "occio" (sounds like Pinocchio). So I said "What's the cat's name?" and without missing a beat he said "Un occio."

Grace is doing very well with her recovery from surgery. HOWEVER, she does have a newly-discovered HOLE just behind her two front teeth! Her teeth slant backward so it was hard to see, but when I did finally spot it, I realized DANG, that's why she still has chunky food coming out of her nose. Think a custom-sized tube of hot dog would work as a cork? I hate to put her through more surgery so we are considering just taping it up.

No comments: