Tuesday, July 1, 2008

School's out and we are busier than before...



It's so hard to believe I used to squeeze work in my week too. Frannie and I are going to the pool, having lunch with friends, playing at the park, cleaning the house and going on trips. Kevin has been working like a fiend, but when he is home, we have been making the most of it. We finished Frannie's wall unit in her room (pictures later), we are about to start our bathroom destruction project (we have a GORGEOUS vanity in our dining room right now which is too heavy to move any farther), we leave on Monday for our 8-day trip to Virginia then out west, where Kevin and I will celebrate our 4th anniversary and Frannie will wake my sister up at 6am every morning and remind her what a 2-year-old's favorite words are (duh! No and MINE! Of course!) I struggled with the decision to have Frannie spend the week with my sister, but I am sure they will have a blast and I know that Kevin and I need some time together.

Yesterday we had a great day visiting with our 3 adoption buddies -- Darcy lives so close to us that we went to her house to visit briefly and pray for their potential SECOND adoption from China and then Frannie and I headed over to Dunwoody to eat at McDonalds with Lucy and Donna who are DEFINITELY going back to China for their second girls! We all prayed and thanked God for each other, our girls, our husbands and His Will. Kevin and I are still not considering another adoption, but we have admitted that if we do change our minds, it will be this year since we have all the paperwork done and it will expire!

Last week the Braves had a Kevin segment for a few minutes. A few friends have told us they saw him, and luckily our VCR was working properly so I got it on tape. He and Sharon (another camera operator) were featured as "the most important camera operators" of the game because of their positions in center field. My ubiquitously-professional husband played it off like he was out there just to get sun all day. Frannie has learned to spin her finger near her ear and say "Daddy cuckoo."

Lastly, Frannie and I will be travelling to Auburn, AL to meet with Maddie and her Mom Jane who are visiting from PA. Maddie was another little girl from Frannie's orphanage who we met when we were in China. She is just beautiful (see top photo)and we can't wait to see her again -- she wasn't very smiley when we met her before, but her father's professional photographs tell a different story now that she is with her real family. Can't wait to see them and finally meet Jane in person!

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Like Donna's blog said, if you do go back, you'd be in great company! If China calls, be sure to answer!!!! You know how we would love to hear that! Good to see you - so glad to have you guys as friends!

Carol said...

I'm jealous....think I can steal a plane ticket....LOL....wish I could!!

Hey I'm still planning my November trip to FL....can I meet you somewhere along the way?????