Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yeah!





We finally got our LOA -- at least we are being mailed the LOA via overnight mail and it will be signed and shipped to the NBC tomorrow. Pray for a quick turnover!

Frannie and I had a fun time in Charlotte with the Nansons. We loved getting to know Lizzie and Lynne herself is just naturally funny so the mundane of daily life is usually fun with her around. Yesterday morning we headed over to a park to feed the ducks and ended up running for our lives. Personally I am accustomed to ducks that are so full from all the daily snacks they are given by the kids that they barely look your way when you approach them with bread. Apparently these ducks had been fasting until that very second when we arrived. Frannie and I balled up the bits of bread and began to throw them toward the ducks and suddenly a huge flock was surrounding us, along with a number of geese, one of which marched toward us fast, drooling and Lynne swears he was bearing fangs and hissing. I did not want to scare Frannie, but after slowly backing up and the aggressive duck continued, we all yelled "RUN!" and bolted for the car. I think I knocked Frannie out of the way trying to flee (and I'm pretty sure I wet my pants from laughing). Oy, those are the good times. Love you Lynne.

Our estimate for travel to China is getting more easy to pinpoint now. I don't want to speculate, but it would be good to get over there before Labor Day?

3 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

YEAH!! I am SO happy for you guys!! It was cool being on the phone with you when you got "the call"! Get planning - it's almost time to bring Gracie home!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

Katy said...

Woo-hoo!!! It's about time!! We are still waiting on TA...

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Just from our experience 6 months ago, we were 34 days from LOA to stepping onto the big plane!!!