Thursday, June 11, 2009

Today is Day 101



We have been officially Logged in for 101 days. Not much I can do except pester my agency which is not my style (wait, zoom back about 2 years when I almost punched my agency rep over the phone out of frustration and hormones), but have been told recently that our file is "Out of the Review Room" which means we might get the LOA next week (or so). For those Chinese adoption novices out there, it means we will probably not be going to China until August or September. Not exactly convenient for a teacher or for a cameraman who works SEC football, among other sports.

My family is doing fairly well since my Mom's funeral. Thanks to everyone for all the calls and the nice cards and flowers. We all know we are going to die and we also know our parents will probably go first, but when it happens, there are no words except "this stinks." It was her time and she is in heaven (or purgatory for a while, who knows what kind of trouble she got into when we weren't looking) and we will have some great laughs some day.

Frannie is wearing some shorts I bought from Target almost TWO YEARS AGO and they are a size SIX MONTHS. Repeat: SIX MONTHS. She was walking like Frankenstein, but she got her bum bum into them! Can you believe it!?? She also likes her bike helmut just a little bit.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Hi Ellen-
So glad to hear from you and you are okay. Argh, I can't believe you're still waiting!!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Ally is finally wearging the clothes that were given to her by friends and family right at 2 years ago!!! SOme are 9 mo (none are 6 mo that i know of)!!! Tiny hynie Frannie!!!