Monday, March 31, 2008

Interesting Story


A number of years ago I was told to see the movie "The Lost Daughters of China" which was a National Geographic show following an Atlanta family who went to China for their second daughter. It is such a tear-jerker and I have always wanted to meet the family and ask them about their journey. My friend Lucy told me she knew them somehow (through a friend?) and my thoughts about the family again resurfaced about how much I would love to meet them. This weekend, Kevin brought an article to my attention in our local Catholic newspaper:

http://www.georgiabulletin.org/local/2008/03/27/daughter/

How wonderful that their daughter brought them to the Catholic Church! It's nice to hear about people willing to open their minds about the TRUTH, caring more about what our Church actually teaches and the gifts it has, rather than continuing to believe the misconceptions and lies about the Church. Maybe I will meet them one day.

2 comments:

Carol said...

What providence did they go too??? I would love to know!!!

Donna said...

They are a terrific family that I could say you "introduced" me to with the video. I have been fortunate enough to meet them in person several times now at First Friday. Thanks for the post on the article. Small world.