Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's a God Thing



People who do not believe in God amaze me. I'm not sure I understand the thought process AT ALL. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't understand murderers, child beaters or liberals either, but have I been given some sort of different glasses, allowing me to see God all over, and atheists just can't see it somehow? How is it possible to fall in love with a child you have never met? Not just because you live in a dream world, but you truly feel that Red Thread connection. Of the billion children born in China, God picked these two girls for us. No other. How can someone not believe this child was destined to live in Lilburn Georgia, that she fits in so perfectly, not by conforming to her environment, but because she could not be more mine than a child my genes helped to create. Anyone who believes that any child "would do" or that you love that child simply because you gave birth to them and God has nothing to do with it is living in another world from me. Lauren H. got me thinking about this when she talked about "what if we had gotten Frannie and the Fay's had gotten Ally?" Would not have happened Lauren. God had it planned perfectly. Can't wait to lay my hands on little Grace Xuejing. We are praying for a miracle August 10 or so departure.

5 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Grace is just precious! I will be praying that you leave in August!

I truly believe Briana, Doug and I were meant to be together.

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post my friend.Thanks for making me cry..God is awesome and if you knew LMs story and how God had been the conductor of a great orchestra, you would smile

Carol said...

I agree...anyone that has children and doesn't believe in God...I don't understand that at all........my father died the night before I left for China, and I got Emily on HIS birthday, a day earlier than we were supposed to .....if that isn't God I don't know what is!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Finally, the date we can pray for. I love this blog entry, Ellen. A person cannot know God unless HE allows it...be blessed, He chose you, just as He chose Frannie and Grace for you. I remember the time when I did NOT see God all around...then He opened my eyes. Be that light to others, so they will seek Him!

Anonymous said...

I'm an atheist, but that doesn't have any bearing on whether or not I believe it is possible to fall in love with a child you have never met. (I do). The fact that I don't believe in God (and am a scientist) doesn't mean than I think that love is something that is so easily reduced. Not all atheists are cut from the same cloth (just as not all God-believing people are cut from the same cloth).

This is the first time I've ever posted a comment of this kind. I found your post offensive. Why would you presume to know how I think and feel just because I don't believe in a God? However, that's not the reason I commented (there are plenty of opportunities for atheists to be offended). I commented because your posts are otherwise compassionate and empathetic. I thought that I could maybe convince you that not all atheists are cold-hearted people.

Katie (not wanting to post my email for all to see - and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to give it to you otherwise, but happy to continue the conversation in the comments).