Monday, July 13, 2009

What goes on in China is....

I don't really understand a LOT about what goes on in the paperwork world of adoption, we can only guess from former adoptions we hear about, blogs of people who are there now and the infamous Rumor Queen. Right now there is a wait for Travel Approval which is our "next step." Although I have not officially received my 800 approval from the US immigration, I expect it this week (did I just jinx myself by saying that?). Some people have been quarantined in China because of the swine flu scare. Even if a person sitting near you on your flight has come down with a fever with suspected swine flu, people in white suits may show up at your hotel and take you into custody. I'm not kidding. The reason my friend Darcy decided to travel to China by herself to get her little Michael was because she heard a (rumor?) story that an American child was taken from his/her parents and hospitalized without the parents being allowed to stay with the toddler or see him/her. I believe I would adopt from China again if money were no object -- oh wait a minute -- the paperwork, immigration requirements and expiration limitations would probably kill me and I think my family needs me too much to take that chance. Never mind. My cousin Judy's daughter Meghan and her husband are adopting a little girl who is due in August, please pray for a smooth and healthy adoption there! I'm not sure if she is craving as much junk food as I am while waiting for our girls, but I know I could eat about 1/2 dozen ice cream sandwiches every night.

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I could give you a run for your money in the ice cream dept!!! And I'm not even "expecting"! Congrats on the 800 -- do you now have to wait for 800A? How quickly I forgot! Oh wait, they changed the rules again, didn't they????