Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hi, my name is Ellen





My name is Ellen and I am addicted to.....

computer games. I've tried to quit, Man, but ever since my friend Laura got me addicted to PacMan at the St. Augustine mall back in 1982, my brain craves Spider Solitaire or Freecell or Bejeweled. I was so annoyed, frustrated and sad last night, waiting for news from China that I fantasized about calling in sick to work today and just playing Taipei all day long. To heck with the consequences!!! I'm tired and I want some selfish time alone!

Okay, here are some pictures of Frannie helping me make Grace's birthday cake and making panels for her shelving unit in her room. Frannie was so incredibly excited to work on this art project. You can't see it, but the butterfly's wings are lined in sparkly glitter, you'd have thought Frannie died and went to heaven. She was squealing!

PS, Yes, that is Frannie's very own Home Depot apron. Maybe one day I will get to wear one too

3 comments:

Donna said...

I know how HARD the wait is and feel your pain. Maybe you can ask Ann if you sent some extra money could she have the orphanage go buy a digital camera so you could get some pics back. Probably wouldn't cost any more than the cake did. Just a thought and that of course would help others waiting as well if the orphanage had a camera.

Come on TA!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

It's ok to be addicted to the games! I love word games like scramble on my phone. I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting. Praying your TA today!!! Blessings to you!
Shay

Two Blue Rooms said...

Hopefully our TA's will arrive before Labor Day weekend - Ever since you mentioned Sept 4th, I've decided that that is the deadline! :) Hugs to you all & so sorry you are missing Grace's birthday.
Kimberlyn