Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grace's Upcoming Baptism


We will have Grace baptised tomorrow and I'm happy that my Dad will be in attendance. Since my mother's death, he seems to be going through his own private metamorphosis, and I will be happy to sit down with him without the strain of a funeral or holidays to interfere. He took a solo trip up the east coast to visit family and friends and we are his final stop before heading home to St. Augustine.

Two years ago our dear friend Nancy made the girls' christening gown from my mother's wedding gown train -- a true sight to see. Well the day she brought this gorgeous thing to my house I realized Frannie was drooling so badly that we would have to put a bib on her and I didn't want to cover up all the gorgeous embellishment Nancy had around the neckline so Nancy showed up the following day with a bib, made from the same fabric, trimmed with mini pearls and lace, equally as dazzling as the little dress. I told her Frannie needed a bib for this bib because she would surely look like a marathon runner on mile 25 within the first 30 minutes of wearing it. Nancy, could you make some tear-away bibs for Grace for tomorrow? Let's make about 5 identical ones, from the same fabric and pearls so that when one gets sopped, I can just tear it off and she will have four more, layered underneath, okay?

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Looking forward to seeing sweet little Grace in that beautiful dress!

Dad said...

Thanks Nancy.....our drooling little booger looked beautiful!