Friday, October 29, 2010

I love a good miraculous coincidence



After reading a stranger's blog today I was reminded of one of my favorite things in life: receiving a "wink" from God (as my co-worker Sally put it) just for your amazement and as a reminder of who is really in charge around here.

About 4 years ago I was camping with my friend Noreen up in North Georgia, was it Tallulah Falls? I can't remember, but there were falls there. It was right around this time of year and the weather was perfect for camping, chilly, but not cold. We sat around the campfire drinking a few beers, staring at the night sky, watching the stars come out. I could not help but think of Psalm 8, which I then paraphrased to her:

O LORD, our Lord, how awesome is your name through all the earth! You have set your majesty above the heavens! . . . When I see your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars that you set in place-- What is man that you are mindful of him, mere mortals that you care for them?

So we started talking about how incredible it is that God even CARES about what each of us is doing. About an hour later Noreen asked if I wanted to do her "Daily Reading" book with her. She opened the little pamphlet-like book and she said something like "You are not &*@$$^^ going to believe this -- guess what Today's reading is?" and I didn't even have to guess.

Tomorrow is Frannie's Birthday party and MAN is she pumped. I'm posting pictures of the girls dressed for daycare in anticipation of the Halloween weekend. Wish Kevin could attend, but every year we run into this same problem (football vs. Frannie's b-day party). Too bad.