Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Break

We are counting down the moments to departure -- we leave for St. Augustine on Saturday morning to stay with Cousin Denise and visit friends and family. I lived in St. Augustine from 1978 to 1988 and sometimes I feel like a local, but my buddies who still live there sometimes unknowingly remind me I've been gone for over 20 years! I was a mere 22 when I left home for Boston and I LOVE St. Augustine now (when it's not stifling hot). I love seeing the old girlfriends and spending time with my sister in her bead shop, eating at the best seafood restaurant in the world, Schooners and watching my crazy girls run around my Dad's backyard, feeding the ducks in the pond. I asked Frannie about going to St. Augustine the other day and she said "We love Papa (my Dad), he loves me soooo much! AND he likes Ariel too" He put The Little Mermaid on his tv once for her and she never forgot that.


Grace is in heaven with her favorite teacher, Miss Stephanie.

We can't wait to meet my friend's new daughter, Elise. Isn't she just gorgeous! They are still in China, working on paperwork and bonding. We are praying for you Donna!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thanks for the prayers, we have felt them all the way here in China!