Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yesterday was my 11th anniversary


Only by the GRACE OF GOD was I able to quit smoking, 11 years ago yesterday. I prayed and prayed and asked all my friends and every saint that ever lived to pray for me so I could kick this evil habit and it worked. Thanks God for showing mercy on me to help me do it. If I still smoked, I think I'd be paying $5? Is that right? For a pack per day? Wow, that's incredible. We used to drive 20 miles to Idaho from Spokane to pay something like $15 for a carton of generics.

Some days, like during this week in particular, the hardest thing you will do is to stop yourself from hitting your child. Seems like we have had a particularly rough week and on more than one occasion I have had to put the girls in their room and walk away for fear of my temper. Just walk away and pray. It's only nail polish on the carpet, it's not the end of the world. My Mom said to me once, which truly has helped me (when referring to Casey at 3 years old), "She is far more important to me than anything she can wreck in my house." Wow, Mom, that was pretty wise. The girls flooding the bathroom this week or stubborn Grace telling me NO! three hundred times or shampoo being intentionally dumped is not really that important. Is it attention they are after? I'm too stubborn a Mom to give into THAT ole trick. I know the ABCs of behaviorism. Let their memories of this week please be the Gators winning the SEC championship and not their Mom loudly screaming things like "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME CRAZY?!!!!!!" The Lord is my shephard....

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Whether we admit it or not, we've ALL been there on numerous occasions! Happy 11th!