Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thirty Days



I am leaving one month from today for my cruise! I can't believe it's actually going to happen. I'm leaving my girls for 5 days? What?@! Can I do it? (YES, we can!) I love my family and all .... but... we are talking Mexico and Grand Cayman! And lots of buffets and conga lines and fun girlfriend time (sing Copa Cabana to yourself and get a mental image of me on the LEDO deck with a colorful drink with a little umbrella sticking out....)

We attended the UMDF fundraiser/walk this weekend in lovely downtown Norcross. (UMDF stands for United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, is that right?) which is a dreadful disease which affects a lot of my students. The day's events helped to raise over $100,000! Frannie was cheering the walkers across the finish line with the Georgia Tech cheerleaders (Doug H eat your heart out) and having a blast visiting with friends and playing lots of fun games. Grace managed to toss her bean bag, not into the target hoola hoop, but across the game into the duck pond game, splashing a lady and making everyone around laugh at her aim. When she got to the ring toss game, she overthrew it again and hit the same lady in the leg, prompting the lady to yell "that little kid has it in for me today!" Grace was giggling, but embarassed :)

I'm sorry to state my unpopular opinion on Osama bin Laden's demise, but I must say I hate to see ANYONE burn in hell. Yes, I lost no one on 9/11/01 and he would probably have strangled me with his bear hands just for holding my Christian beliefs, but I still feel bad for the guy, spending all of eternity without any virgins for company and far worse, without the love of God. If my parents had raised me as a neo-Nazi, chances are, I would have turned out to be a neo-Nazi. I'm blessed to know the TRUTH and feel bad for those who don't.

1 comment:

romanya vizesi said...

thank you very much for information