Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A little explanation

Just to follow-up on the comment: I have always felt/seen/heard clear direction in my life when I do pray about it -- should I move here or marry him or adopt her.... the signs are usually pretty strong about what direction I should take and although I ALMOST filed the initial paperwork to adopt from Vietnam a few months ago, something stopped me and I'm starting to wonder if that is the way God wants us to go or not (international). Kevin usually leaves things like this up to me, but he needs prayers too! He has clear ideas about what he doesn't want (I don't want to adopt from the US and have a birth mother change her mind in the delivery room....), but I want both of us to hear what God has to say about it. For some reason I was dead set against domestic adoption the first time and now I'm not so sure with this one. I would be very, very upset if something went awry, but I'm not so sure that isn't our destined direction this time. My neighbor is also trying to adopt again and she told me to just get the word out to start. Maybe someone reading this has heard of a teenager who is pregnant or a friend of a neighbor's cousin or....

Thanks for caring enough to read this and say a little prayer for us whenever you think about it.

3 comments:

Donna said...

You are much braver than I for even considering domestic! I agree that God tends to know when to whisper and when to scream. Here's hoping he sends you a scream in the right direction for your family. Praying for you all.

Carol said...

Ellen
I know what you are saying completely. I always get a "feeling" about something and usually it's right on..... I can't explain it, but maybe its my Angel leading me the right way.

Although...I'd go back to China in a heartbeat if someone would loan me some money!!

The Evans Family said...

Oh you are so right! I firmly believe that god sends lots of little pebbles to help us along our journey. The big "concrete blocks" get thrown when we don't pay attention to the pebbles! Keep praying and god's plan will certainly be revealed! How exciting that Frannie will have a sibling!