Monday, January 28, 2008

Another Reason Why Frannie and I are Related


My friend Carol sent me this picture this morning -- she obviously took it at the orphanage before we got Frannie. It really cracked me up because she looks like a BEFORE photo, much like her mother usually looks. Squinting, as usual. Ally is wearing her favorite "Naturally JoJo" shirt, naturally. As Lucy pointed out, Man, have these girls come a long way or what.
Happy Birthday Laura! (PPP)

I got so excited a few weeks ago when Kevin told me Gwinnett County is getting a minor league baseball team! I can't tell you the joy that filled my heart. I want season tickets! Well, I went to work that day and asked a few people if they want to SPLIT season tickets and it seems to all be working out. We have 3 tentative couples who have expressed an interest in splitting 4 seats for the season. Okay, okay, so the stadium barely has blueprints, let alone an actual team/field/beer dispensery, but I want to be one of the first in line! I heard on the Fish that very morning that if you want to hold a place in line to get season tickets, you can send in $100 now to get in the queue. Done. Can't wait, can't wait! Memories from the Spokane Indians came back to me, oh what fun. Kevin and I went to a Cape Cod league game on our honeymoon and it was the BEST. Frannie, I truly pray you are a 2-year-old who can appreciate the greatest game because in the spring of 2009, Baby, we are there!

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I had to drop that little pic right onto my blog too!

Funny thing about the baseball thing - I can't even stand to go to a Braves game (except the cotton candy) but did somewhat enjoy the Tech baseball games (hey, they have frozen lemonade - it doesn't take much to make me happy).

Talk to you soon!

Steve and Darcy said...

What a great photo! It still amazes me that they will always be friends - even half way around the world!!