Friday, May 22, 2009

Ecclesiastes























“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted” (Ecclesiastes 3:1,2).

My cousin Judy was pregnant with Meghan when my Grandmother died. She wanted so much for our Gramma to meet her daughter, but it never happened. At the time I could not help but think that the cycle of life is just like that -- one dies and one is born. Ours is not to reason why....

Now we sit here waiting for Gracie and my Mom is literally on her deathbed in hospice. Gracie will also wear the baptismal gown that Frannie wore which was lovingly made from my Mom's wedding gown. A basic buddist tenant states that once we accept the suffering in life, we can find peace. God's will is not just good, it is PERFECT.

"Even when in our time we may not understand how a particular event can be purposeful or beautiful, we can have faith that if it occurs in God’s time for it, it is.....For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8)

3 comments:

Katy said...

Hey Ellen-
Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers! Ecclesiates is a great book for these times in life. I know it is so hard. A glimmer of Hope--we got our LOA today. You will be soon!

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Ellen, I will continue to pray for your mother's health and your father's strength. I will also pray for you and your entire family. I have to say that I am touched by your strength that you possess. Your post was simply lovely.

Briana's Mom said...

I am saying a prayer for you and your whole family.