Monday, May 25, 2009

We are going to Florida today

My Mom is still in hospice, alive, but apparently, not for long. I got a call from my sister yesterday that my Mom is not only hanging on, but she is probably aware of those around her. I have to go down so we are packing up now. Luckily we have my dear cousin who is going to put us up at her house for the week and my dear friend Laura who is willing to help in whatever way we need for childcare, rides, whatever. Thanks be to God. Today marks the 25th anniversary of my grandmother's death (my Father's Mom who died on the morning of my high school graduation). Not sure I want her to pass today -- my poor Dad would have lost the 2 most important women in his life on the same day. Egad. I'll post later.

3 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

Oh Ellen! We are praying for you and your family!

Donna said...

Praying for a safe trip and for you and your family.

Unknown said...

We will prey that all goes very smoothly for you in China.
I'm very happy for you. Having TWO little girls will be wonderful.
Thanks for the book. I don't know why it was sent to you either. Tom was happy to have it back with all of his Irish history books.
Be well and God bless.
Love, Kathleen and Tom
PS I like your blog!!!