Thursday, September 16, 2010

Grace is still a trooper, however....


5:30 am and Grace has been crying or whimpering pretty much all night. Think we need to re-evaluate pain management. Personally I think she is hungry and her hernia sutures are the parts that are bothering her the most. I pray the doctor has early morning rounds. Grace let me sleep from 1:30 to 3:15 and has been miserable ever since. I could be way off base, but I'm willing to bet her nurse is not a Mom. You can just tell. She's not mean or anything, but Grace's obvious pain would affect any Mom and this woman just doesn't get it. She KNEW she had a lot of pain and when I asked for her morphene in between yelps, she later told me she gave her "the lower end" of her alloted dosage. Thanks a bunch. An hour later and she is still wailing in pain. Is the other part of the dose coming out of your paycheck? Standing at the nurse's station, I couldn't help but hark to Shirley Maclaine in Terms of Endearment when she screamed "GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOTTTTTT!!!!!!!"

Grace should get the trumpet out of her nose this morning too which will help. She's been whimpering for Daddy too so his appearance will help I'm sure. Given my throbbing cold sore and my lack of sleep, let's hope I don't start to resemble Woogie in the next day or so...

1 comment:

Beth and Ryan said...

Oh surgery is never fun. Love the Terms of Endearment comment...such a great movie and I can totally relate to Shirley McClain when it comes to my children. Hope that Grace is feeling better very soon and that you are all able to rest!