Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Fun Day With Godmother Pitty Pat





Frannie, Mary Pat and I went to Stone Mountain Park for a fun time! Coincidentally, we found Aunt Pitty Pat's store! We met a family from China, all of whom were very interested in Frannie and where she is from, her diet and language :) Since Mary Pat is the resident expert on Stone Mountain Park, we were lucky enough to get a tour of her favorite places.


Frannie and I have missed Kevin a lot since he has been away since Wednesday. He's been in Phoenix and then to New Orleans for basketball. He will be home tomorrow afternoon, yeah! I already have a to-do list of adoption chores for him -- I truly can't wait to get the ball rolling. We will need to discuss how we are going to approach the adoption this time. Since we know we are going to be applying for a child from the Waiting Child list, we can actually get a referral first and then get our paperwork filed -- hard to explain if you've never adopted from China before, but we need to decide whether to choose an agency first or later -- there are benefits to both options. We need prayers! We would love to adopt from the same orphanage, but we are not sure that is likely. Hope Haven took such wonderful care of Frannie that I can only hope to get another beloved girl from there again. Since we know Xi'an now, why not. My only regret from the last trip was that I didn't get one of those menus from the restaurant in Guanghzou -- the restaurant that serves dishes like pig liver bile noodles and chicken rectum soup, you know, those recipes that just never made it over to my local Mandarin Chinese place. I will be sure to get one of those menus this time. To heck with pearls and silk, I want that menu! Please pray for Frannie's sister as much as you prayed for her. We know she is the gorgeous, smart and loving girl that she is due to all those prayers! Her sister's name will be......

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Good to talk with you today - keep us posted!

Carol said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!! I don't know why you are not on my blog list...I must have messed it up somehow.....can I add you to my favorites????

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

I sponsor Alice at Hope Haven.....there are quite a few clef babies there now.....I get a little update from time to time...