Friday, September 28, 2007

Amen




Frannie now says an emphatic AMEN at the end of our prayers! When Kevin and I are both praying with her and we all hold hands, she cracks up. We went to the park yesterday with our good friend Norma and her son Tristian so she got introduced to a sandbox which was interesting to see. She didn't like it at first, but she warmed up to it. She likes the swing, the higher, the better.


Her sleep schedule at night is still to be worked out. (wink, smile, ha ha) One good night, one bad night. We are trying very hard to do the "right thing" which is not the same for everyone. She needs to be held and loved and to know we are always here for her (not really the same for adopted/non-adopted/orphanage/foster children) but she needs to learn no fear at night too, to soothe herself to sleep, etc. Age-old problem, I know! It's hard to hear her cry, but in the end I know it's best for her to sleep in the crib and have no fear of being alone. Thank you Cheryl for all your help and listening to me every day! I also wanted to mention how incredibly grateful I am to Cheryl (my friend and neighbor and Frannie's best buddy -- she's the next-door daycare friend). She has given Frannie such a safe and loving environment to visit so much so that Frannie stayed with her for about 7 hours the other day with almost no fuss at all so that Kevin and I could finish our deck. Thank you Cheryl for that. I know she wouldn't do that with just anyone. Call me anytime to take your daughter to school!

4 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I can't believe you found a "made in china" shirt! I love it! Did you get it here or in China?

Shawn said...

Oh boy do we understand sleep deprivation!! Sadie was up 5 times last night between 10 and 6. We are so tired! Good luck to you and Kevin. I just requested every book in the library on how to make your baby/toddler sleep better, I will pass on anything I can find!

Peggy Ward said...

Thanks so much for being so good with the blog, El, we are so spoiled! It's always the first thing I check every day, to see if there is a new story or more photos. Adore the "Amen" story!

Carol said...

too cute@