Saturday, September 1, 2007

Short Update

The internet costs so much here in the White Swan we are trying not to use it much. There is a store Lucy told us about -- Jordon's -- that has internet for free so maybe tomorrow morning I will go there to give more details.

Poor Kevin lifted Frannie and the high chair this morning in the dining room and froze for a few seconds -- he's not being a good patient because he's walking around with Frannie and not lying down or putting ice on it -- I can't push Frannie, all the luggage and a wheelchair to the airport! The beds here are indeed the worst. It feels like plywood with a small bit of padding. Wish I knew where to buy a featherbed around here!

Kevin got the $8 massage yesterday and I'm going today to get some pampering too. We had an interesting conversation with the Director of Civil Affairs and the Director of the Shaanxi Orphanage last week which I failed to mention. One of them mentioned us coming back to get another baby from Shaanxi and when we told them we were not permitted due to the changes implemented May 1, they both said, no no no, write a letter to CCAA and they know you so you can come back! Now I'm not sure what we will do? Vietnam? China again? Egad, the wait.

We will write again soon from Jordon's. By the way, waiting Moms, there are some BEAUTIFUL chinese fabric diaper bags around here for cheap so if you want to wait until you get to Guangzhou, you will be glad you did.

Kevin's Two Cents Worth -- Go Gators.

5 comments:

Karen Hanley said...

Hi Ellen, Kevin & Frannie Fay,

It's Sunday Sept. 2nd at 2:26 am. It's the middle of the afternoon for you. I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd post to Frannie's blog. I couldn't be happier for all of you! Are there any Catholic churches in China? Looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

Love, Karen Hanley

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Funny how they make the CCAA seem so personable! I always think of "them" as some entity that is holding the puppet strings of Chinese adoption! Happy to see Frannie smiling so much. Praying for a sleepy flight home later this week!

mary j. said...

Kevin...
The game was so lame yesterday that I felt like it was a weird version of "The Gators V.S. The Special Olympics". Kinda pathetic...
Mary

norma said...

You ALL look so happy and I am sooo happy for you!!!
Your two boys are doing great! I'm sure though that they can't wait to see you and the new addition! Love you!

norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.