Tuesday, September 4, 2007

CA Day!

I'm going to post some pictures and another blog later, but while I have time, I wanted to write a quick update for the blog:

Today is our Consulate Appointment Day. This just means we sit in the hotel and Jophy goes to the Consulate for us and files all the papers. Kevin is sitting in the hotel room with Frannie in case Jophy has a problem and needs to call, but that's about it for the morning. We met a very nice family from Syracuse -- a PT no less! She works for an early intervention program for children? Sound familiar Fays? Her name is Jo and that's all I know. Pretty funny. We had pizza delivered for dinner last night which was nice -- Papa Johns! Today we are going to the pearl and jewel markets. Peg, I wish I knew what a good/great/excellent price was for all these gems. I don't know what to get for the money! I'm bringing a few hundred in case it's a real steal, but if I'm not sure, I'm going to get just a few things for the Bead Chick. And Lucy will get her pearls and jade rings too of course! Lucy, I meant to tell you that upon your recommendation I bought disposable salt shakers from Publix before I left (2 of them wrapped together with plastic, you know)? and going through Hartsfield, they saw them on the x-ray and pulled my bags apart -- I guess it looked like two sticks of dynamite wrapped together -- the guy laughed and just said "hmmm... salt."

I had the worst massage of my life yesterday. The recommended massage place down the road is only 68 yuan for an hour and in hindsight I would have paid her 68 just to leave me alone. Her little tiny hands either tickled the crap out of me or bruised me. I was hoping it would get better when she got to my... hands or.... my arms but she yanked my bad shoulder around and from a prone position she yanked my leg up in the air -- very bad for my back -- she gave me the most painful temple massage akin to Chinese torture -- hey lady I might need those brain cells to remember where I live or how to drive stick shift!

Frannie is truly amazing us with her quick learning. This morning I put her on the carpet and said "Go get your shoes" and she toddled over to the suitcase and got her green shoes and brought them back to me, lifting her little feet up to put them on. She says "Mama" and either "Baba" or "Dada" now for Kevin (Baba is the Chinese for Daddy) and she really loves her books. I bought her some books with good photos of animals and toys and I said "turtle" to her -- she repeated it right back to me. Ok, I know I'm biased, but.....

Kevin has a good article for later so I'll be back to type that one up. We can leave here the day after tomorrow! Yeah! Oh yeah, Mary Pat, the base to the car seat is on our dining room table if you want to grab that -- I'm not exactly sure how to snap it together, but I'm sure you can. I miss you! Can't wait for Frannie to meet her Fairy Godmother! xo

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Ellen -- Glad to hear Miss Frannie is so smart! Every morning we ask Ally, "Do you want to see Emma Frannie?" and she will walk to the computer and say "Emma" over and over as we look at pictures! Praying for a happy flight for Frannie and a sleepy one!

As we said prayers last night, Sara said, "I'd go back to China any day if only took a 3 hour flight!" I agreed! Too bad you can't time travel! Looking forward to your arrival home!

Lucy