Thursday, September 6, 2007

God Bless America



You don't know anyone happier to be back in the good ole' USA! It wasn't like it was a horrible place, don't get me wrong, we just missed our language, our food, family and friends horribly. If I hadn't felt such a huge surge of love and support from everyone for this little wee one, maybe I would have felt different. The flight, oh.... the flight. My kingdom for a valium or a time machine or hypnosis for the baby or..... the flight to Guangzhou started off with a bang -- they seated me next to the window and I instantly could not breathe and felt like I might have to stop the plane on the runway -- the flight attendant found me an aisle seat right next to.... Typhoid Mary himself who coughed the whole trip so about 3 hours later I knew I had the crud and Frannie's nose started running. She slept about 1 hour on the Tokyo to Atlanta leg, screamed about another hour and kept everyone smiling the rest of the time. Our Tokyo flight left 30 minutes early to avoid the typhoon! Yes, of course there was a typhoon on the way directly to Tokyo! Well thanks be to God we made the connection, we had no typhoon and we are home! Yes, sister Mary, those pictures were taken at a true Chinese restaurant. Those snakes and worms (we didn't take any photos of the leeches for some reason) are main courses. Frannie on red couch day -- what can we say! Lucy and Doug, your pearls await you! Peg, I got the Bead Chick a few additions, but I'm sure you would have done things differently! Some things were dirt cheap, but.... I'll have to show you later :)

4 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

What a cute little China princess on the red couch with that smile! So happy you are home. I'll let you call me when you are up to it (please do it tomorrow!) during Georgia normal awake hours!!! Remember that lots of Walmarts are open 24 hours! I was tempted to take all 3 girls there the second night we were home - when we were ALL wide awake from midnight to 4 AM! SO GLAD to hear you made it home safely. Remember to get outside with Frannie tomorrow to get some sunshine - as much as you can - that will help your internal clock! Welcome home Mommy and Daddy and daughter Fay!!!!!!!!!

Steve and Darcy said...

Welcome home!! We are SO happy that you all made it home safe and sound! Sounds like you had quite the adventure though!! We are looking forward to hearing ALL of your stories about your trip! Please call when you are ready for visitors and we will be there in 3 minutes (according to Mapquest)!! Can't wait to meet Frannie and to see you both!

Donna said...

WELCOME HOME! I can't wait to see that China Doll in person!! Of course add me to your call list when you are up and functional :)

RamblingMother said...

Welcome home. Now time for the jet lag adjustment. Your daughter is beautiful as is the other baby in the pic.

Beverly