Saturday, September 1, 2007

Made it to the Swan






We have been out of touch -- we've been busy! Poor Frannie had a horrible travel day yesterday from Xi'an. She was so upset by the claustrophobic plane and she was clinging to me, Kevin felt hurt and it was tense! The worst problem was that she had no nap at ALL. By the time we got to the White Swan, she had fallen asleep and she slept for 10 hours or so. We met the Tanzillos this morning and we've bonded with them -- what a treat to have such an experienced adoptive family.

Frannie is doing great today. She got a good nap and was cracking up on the bed. I'll attach a movie clip of her!

I'd love to write more, but I'm using the Tanzillos computer in their room and I don't want to take advantage. We are looking forward to home, but in the meantime, the White Swan is very luxurious, the area is beautiful and incredibly safe to walk around. We walked along the river tonight with all the fairy lights lighting up the river, it was beautiful. We're doing great. Lucy, I got your traditional dresses today from Jordon, we had a great talk. Lots to tell about Guangzhou, but later.....

Thanks for all the prayers, we've needed it!

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hi Fays! Glad you are at the last stop! Hope the flight home is eaiser - ask for bulkhead! It's long, but you know that. We just had so much fun in GZ - relaxing, shopping, swimming - our 3 favorite things! Oh yes, and eating!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen
I am so in love with Frannie and I don't even know her or you!
I hope your week goes well and you get home safe and sound.
:)

norma said...

Frannie has the sweetest face ever!