Wednesday, September 5, 2007

China Daily Update


I wrote this separately, but since we are probably not going to be blogging any more before we leave, I wanted to quickly send this one

Today is the "Oath/Swearing" Day at the Consulate. Apparently there will be a lot of families going at the same time and since Jophy did our Consulate appointment for us yesterday, I have no idea what to expect. We also have a "red couch" appointment in about 45 minutes on the 2nd floor lounge area -- our friends we met and their little girls will have the customary photo shoot. We will post those pictures when we get back. I tried on Frannie's dress yesterday and she is the picture of a China doll! We're really looking forward to all of you meeting her. She's really a silly girl -- what else would you expect?

2 comments:

Denise and Kent said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!!!!!!!! We cant wait to meet her. We are thrilled to know your on your way home tomorrow. God bless you on your journey home. Once your all settled give me a call, you know I'd love to chat with you. I want to know all the dirt.

Lisa and Brett said...

Hi Guys - Congratulations on your new addition!! Frannie, you have two amazing people for your parents. They have loved you for so long and will love you with all of their hearts - always! You are one lucky, precious, little girl.

I bet you have been wondering why you haven't heard from me??!! Things have been pretty crazy at home trying to get nursing set up. I have been checking on you all very quickly - not much time for the computer.

I just love the precious pix of your sweet angel. She is so beautiful. I absolutely love her sweet smile - remember that conversation we had about the smile, Ellen? - it shines through in the pix so much. It is obvious that she is a happy child.

You should be on your way home as I type this - I can't wait to talk to you. I know you won't be up for visitors right away, but can't wait to hear your voice - it has been so long!!

Brett is back in the hospital - another UTI - this is the second since he was discharged from ICU. The last one was treated from home, but they think that maybe it never really went away -this one needed IV antibiotics. More news on us later - just can't wait to meet your sweet girl.

Thanks for letting her wear the hat - that made me smile so big. It was precious on her and I hope she loves it!!

Love to all three of you - Lisa and all the boys

PS - David just loves the post from Kevin!! He was looking and said, "Kevin really is a funny guy!". That is always a winner with him. Can't wait to see you all.