Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leaving Xi'an

We are leaving beautiful Xi'an and only happy to be that much closer to home! Frannie had a sort bad day yesterday. I think she may have been sad/confused about the trip back to the orphanage and after a nap, she had a slight fever. I couldn't tell how bad because our thermometer read Kevin's temp as 96.5 or so twice. She felt warm and was whiney so we walked her for a while which seemed to soothe her. She STILL will not drink from anything expect her leaky orphanage cup! We got her two different kinds of cups yesterday and I'm starting to believe she would drop over dead before she would take a mere sip from anything else. We will have to write more about the orphanage trip later. We took lots of photos and promised to not post them on the internet so I only sent them to the families. I was more impressed with everything about it than I expected. I think after the orphanages in Kingston, this place seemed much more new and clean.
Kevin's Two Cents' Worth
Friday AP -- Auburn University administrators, amazed at the reading proficiency of not-yet 2-year-old Frannie Fay, have retained the services of Ms. Fay to coordinate the "Teach a Tiger to Read" program for all Auburn student athletes. Head football Coach Tommy Tuberville says "This program is a must if we are to compete with th University of Florida for the best student athletes in the SEC and we believe Ms. Fay is aptly qualified to take us to the next level."

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Ally only wanted her yellow cup from the orphanage at first, but we poked a bigger hole in the cup we brought (so she didn't have to suck as hard) and she was fine after that.

I'm eager to hear of your orphanage visit - I'm sorry she isn't feeling well!

When in Guangzhou, type your post in Word then go to Starbucks to upload it (it's free there and pricey at the WS!). We didn't figure that out until the last day! Enjoy the shopping!

Carol said...

Ok I want to see a picture of the cup! Is it on there, I'll have to check again.

I'm glad to hear it's clean and neat there. Do you know if your daughter and mine were playmates?
Qin, Bin Li???

mary j. said...

Yeah...I want a sippie cup like Frannies.
How come I don't have a sippie cup?
Are we there yet?

Seriously, I have not read too many obituaries of little kids who died of dehydration from the failure of transitioning from a sippie cup to a cup, or a breast to a bottle, or a bottle to a sippie cup, etc.