Sunday, August 5, 2007

Frannie's All Packed


After careful consideration, we have packed only the necessities for Frannie's daily needs. Under the top layer you will find a rake and a ping-pong table.


I have been thinking this morning about how grateful I am for my Waiting Children friends. Through Hope and the Third Friday meetings, I have met some wonderful sisters-in-adoption and I want to tell each one how thankful I am for sharing this experience with me. There are no two, exact adoption circumstances, but Chinese adoptions are so unique, confusing, long, emotional and interesting that to have Lucy, Donna, Darcy, et al. to share this with has been priceless. Darcy, by the way, helped me pack this bag. Ha ha -- she really gave me some good ideas the other morning when she visited with her two cute daughters, Stephanie and Elizabeth. They helped me re-think my fragile item placement in the room too -- I need to start thinking about these things! Thank you Donna for sharing your never-ending abundance of knowledge, thanks to Lucy for being so telepathic when meeting Frannie -- you sent all the pictures and words I was hoping for -- your family is such a model for me. Darcy, I'm so glad we are 0.3 miles from each other to have many, many play dates when your beautiful Danielle comes. I'm not crying, really.


Okay, now that Frannie is packed, can we get a travel date please? Thank you Lord for all of it. Thank you Lord for the things I don't have and I'm not even aware of it -- just like Karoline, I'm sure that if we had had a baby before this, maybe we never would have gone through this whole process. God rewarded you with that beautiful actress Savannah AND the twins! Thanks for your secret, invisible blessings.


1 comment:

Donna said...

I am so thankful as well to have met such great people through this process. Hoping and praying for Frannie's TA and of course Shelby's LOA!