Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm starting to freak out a little


We are praying that we get our TA today or tomorrow. If it does come in, we should be travelling 2 weeks from tomorrow! I usually show my stress by getting sick or having an upset stomach or not sleeping which gets me sick and right now I feel like I could vomit blood. I've never been known as being dainty with my thoughts and words, sorry.


In so many ways I get so excited about her being part of our family, but I worry about our reaction to her. God is so good and I know He is in charge, but I have this vision in my head of her crying or throwing a tantrum and me completely freaking out. I don't think I've ever done this before in all my years of teaching, babysitting, etc., but I just get nervous about the Mom part. I don't want to scar her for life by taking her away from everything she has known, her food, her beloved nannies, her friends, her language, her culture, her smells.....and we bring her to Atlanta to subject her to potential pain of surgery to her little hand and confuse her with our garbled language and new surroundings. Keep praying for her. And us.


Keep my students in your prayers too -- a student at school passed away this week. Eileen's family is very, very upset right now and although she herself is in paradise, her family is in shock. I only taught her a few times over the past year, but her family is very dear to me and I'm sure they are distraught despite their strong faith. Keep Brett and Michell in those prayers too.


This picture of Frannie and her friends shows their play room, I guess. Frannie is directly under the flying....antelope?, she's the little tiny one.

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

You are totally normal - I think it is good to expect this process to be hard. It is, but you will do just fine. Ally was somewhat slow to come around to us, and she is still progressing. Frannie will love you all both so much and will trust you totally, in time. I will pray for a smoothe transition. Just remember that if she is sad about leaving her orphanage, it just means that she was loved so much while she was there. That is (in my opinion) a good thing! It's hard to watch them be sad, but it's a good sign.

Like I said several times in my posts, this is a very difficult thing we are doing. Just stay calm with her and love/hug/hold her when she lets you and love her from afar when she won't. Being a mom will come naturally, but it is very hard at times. Those hard times will fade away to laughs and smiles, I promise. Please call if you want to chat!

Lucy

norma said...

WOW! I just read Lucy's comment! I was going to attempt to write something like that. But, since Lucy did so well, I have chosen to just write "dito". (If it's ok with her).