Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's a Girl!





We got to the Office of the Civil Affairs and Frannie with two nannies were already there. We poked out heads into an office and saw her sitting on a nanny's lap just staring at us. The nanny had brought along the picture Lucy gave to her of me and Kevin and she still had a death grip on that photo. The nanny would not let her go! I held out my hands about 3 or 4 times and Frannie would turn away from me so the nanny held her tight. Hmmm. Give me my darn baby. Kevin was videotaping and suddenly the camera shut itself off -- Our worst nightmare. The camera quit working! I shut it off and got a few more film clips, which were fine. Sally took lots of pictures with the disposable camera and when Kevin finally pried Frannie away from the nanny, she did extend back and cry for only a few minutes. She did marvelous. She cried only briefly and didn't utter a sound in the car. She fell asleep on my shoulder and woke up when we had to take the "group photo" at the Fujifilm studio. We have been sitting in our hotel room ever since just playing and offering her every toy or book we brought. I laid down on the bed with her for a few minutes and she did start to sniffle, but she recovered very quickly. We just put her to bed a few minutes ago and eeeek, she started to climb out of the crib. She wasn't upset or anything, just a little monkey. She seems to be equally comfortable with me and Kevin, thank you Lord.

The pictures won't attach! *Update-pics are up!* Lucy, any ideas why we can't get into our own "View this Blog"? Sally said that when she typed in ally's blog address, she got the same "Unknown site/check brower/refresh" type message. I can't read any comments. Please send me a yahoo e-mail !!
More tomorrow!

14 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

I am in tears! I am so happy for all of you!! I was hoping and praying that all would go well. I can't believe that you have your daughter!! We can't wait to meet her. Enjoy your first day of parenthood!! Congratulations Fay FAMILY!!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Hey Guys - Glad to hear she was a trooper - order her one of those Shangri-La hamburgers and that will put a smile on her (and daddy's) face! We could never view our own blog the whole time we were in China! That was crazy. Hope your Monday goes well - that was our longest day of "busy-work". Enjoy the warriors and the city wall and the orphanage! Looking forward to pics - send them to me in email and I'll post them for you!

L, D, S, L, A

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

The pics look GREAT!!! So glad you got them posted! We just showed Ally the pics and she smiled and repeated "Emma"! She looks great and so do her mommy and daddy! Can't wait to watch her eyes continue to light up and see that smile! Love it!

Lucy

Shawn said...

WOOHOO!!! We are so happy for you. I have been teary-eyed all day telling everyone the good news. Continued prays for the Fay's, that you have a smooth transition into being a family of 3, and that you have safe travels. We love you!! Shawn, Billy, and Sadie

Mary Pat said...

I knew if I kept checking I would see a picture. She is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the little doll in person. She looks very calm and so do you! Kevin, the hat is you. Love, Mary Pat

Ralph S. said...

Hey Guys---Denise called me today to give the news---CONGRATULATIONS!! I am sitting here showing your new family pictures to my boys---trying to explain the "journey" we make when adopt----no words can do it justice.
"Not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you grew not under my heart, but in it."
God bless your new family.
Love, Pegge, Dan, and boys

Carol said...

Oh Wow! I think I'd pry my baby away from her too! That must have been hard!! Day 3 is supposed to be the best, so hang in there! Those smiles are coming!

Denise and Kent said...

Dear Kevin and Ellen,

Oh Ellen she is sooo cute?? I cant wait to hold her myself. You all look terrific and very natural together, like youv'e been together forever. Kevin Katie is going to be jealous if that hat my friend!! Keep on sending those wonderful pictures. Love you guys, Denise and Kent

Kirste said...

Congratulations Fay's! I cannot believe it!!! She's sooo beautiful! I'm sure you just can't stop looking at her and pinching yourself. The pics are really nice. Try to soak in every single moment. What a blessing! I'll spread the word here at Oakland and tell everyone to look at your blog. Love, Kirste Brooks

Unknown said...

Ellen and Kevin,
I am ferklumphed. She is beautuiful and I'm pretty sure Kevin is already putty in her hands. We all love you so.
Angie

Shelley Ibrahim said...

I am so happy for you guys! She's gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her!
-Shelley

Kathy Harayda said...

Ellen and Kevin,

Congratulations to you both....she is just beautiful. It's been a long journey for all of you. Be safe and have fun!

Kathy

Henrietta Beighley said...

Blessings to your new family. Frannie is so precious......Happy St. Monica's Day ( St. Augustine's Mother). hmmmmmmmmm Happy travels across the world. See ya soon. Luv, Henri
Sing to the Lord a new song.
Psalm 149

LuciaGesuelle said...

What Can I say! With God all is possible! Whagt a Miracle! She is beautiful and you look so happy! I love you Fay family!!!! God Bless you all.... My prayer are with you... you are wrapped in them.
LOVE, LU