Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We are getting closer, but still no official date

We got word today that our TA should be here from China on Monday. If this happens and all the planets line up for us, we should be leaving in 9 days. Or 10. We need to make travel arrangements, but without a consulate appointment, you can't make travel plans. We can't get a consulate appointment until the TA is in the hands of our agency. Nothing this good in life comes easily, I know. We are so happy that Delta will still get us frequent flier seats with little or no notice, if there is a seat on the plane. As of today, there are about 20 empty seats for the flight to China (1st class) and about 25 empty seats on the way home (also 1st class) so I have all the confidence for that portion of the trip. The muscles in my shoulders are tight from the minute I wake up and I feel pretty nauseous all day and I'm not sleeping very well and I have an occasional headache and I'm crying about once a day so I guess it's sorta like being pregnant.

We were told that the estimate for the TA would be 1-3 weeks so now that we know it will take 4 weeks, we hear that it can take 4 weeks sometimes too. That's the way it goes.

My student Brett was sent home from ICU today, thanks be to God.

Please Lord get us back by September 6 in time for SEC football. Thanks, Ellen

1 comment:

norma said...

No sleep? I've noticed since most of your postings happen in the wee hours of the morning! I suppose that won't change any until the three of you are back home. Let me know if you need anything.