Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thank you Baby Jesus

As my grandmother used to say "Thank you baby Jesus" which always cracks me and my sister Katie up -- she would thank Him for everything -- not adult Jesus, not adolescent Jesus, specifically BABY Jesus. I bet you were praying for us too Gramma. If anyone ever had a doubt about the goodness of God AND the power of prayer, BELIEVE. We got our September 4 consulate appointment due solely to the number of people praying, I am sure. It's hard to understand the complicated nature of this request, but believe me when I tell you, this was a big prayer request.

We can now officially depart as planned and be back for SEC football! No, I'm not THAT much of a football fan (although Kevin is a big college football fan, he needs to work that game on the 7th because he feels it is his fatherly duty to provide for his family and this schedule helps out a lot). NOTE: he is missing the 1st SEC game of the season which happens to be at his alma mater, The University of Florida. Poor guy. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers.

4 comments:

Donna said...

WOOHOO! Not so sure he is going to be functioning well for that game, but glad you guys got the CA you wanted :)

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

OK -- It's good to hear great news! Just think, you will be HOLDING Frannie in a matter of days!!!!! I can't wait! Tell sweet Sally hi for us!

Steve and Darcy said...

God does perform miracles!! We are SO excited for you! We are looking forward to reading all about your trip! Can't wait to meet your daughter!!

Carol said...

Ellen I finally found your blog, think I copied it wrong or something. My goodness she is a sweetheart. I'm so happy for you! Thanks for letting us share the joy!!!

Go get your girl!!!!