Monday, September 14, 2009





The girls spent the evening in the hotel room checking out Gracie's new toys, backpack, sunglasses and playing peekaboo. Frannie is struggling some, but doing remarkably well, considering. Grace has a questionable scabby thing going on? I'm praying it's not scabies, but we are medicating it like it is. Hoping to get some advice. Unfortunately, both girls napped very, very late and they did not want to go to sleep until after midnight. We are trying to regulate them both today, but as the adoption week goes, we have to meet at the civil affairs office today right in the middle of nap time and we will just have to make do. Grace is almost exactly Frannie's size when we got her, about 12-18 months. She is vocalizing, and actually makes sounds like Mama, but she can't really articulate. She won't let me see her palate yet. She is smiling a lot and loves noodles!

For some reason, we cannot get the sound to work on this brand new computer only on the dvd. The sound works fine for all other sounds, but we can't get it to work for the dvd. Yes, i have already checked the computer set-ups, sound settings, etc. Thanks for any advice!

10 comments:

Steve and Darcy said...

WOW!! I love seeing the pictures of the girls together!! I know that it will be a bit of an adjustment, but I am sure that they will become fast friends!! I am so glad that you finally have your daughter! We will continue to pray for her health. Good luck at Civil Affairs!! So happy for you!

Mr.fay said...

It seems like the little ones are doing fine but how are the big girls holding up?

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Thanks for the update! Those of us who have BTDT know just how hard the first few days/weeks can be. I think, to some degree, everyone is in shock! Love the pics - great to see Frannie the big sister. I know you mentioned that Gracie is about the same size that Frannie was... do you have a hard time remembering F that small??? She does look tiny, but happy!!!

Briana's Mom said...

I knew Frannie would be the best big sister! So cute! And I love a girl that loves her noodles. :)

Donna said...

Cute pics seeing your girls together at last! Look forward to hearing more about her palate too. My only advice for the DVD player is that you may be able to hook it up to the TV with AV output jacks so you can get the sounds through the TV.

Looks like all is going as expected. You are doing great Mommy!

Anonymous said...

WWKS.....Don't be ordering room service every night!!!!

Carrie said...

Oh they are so sweet together!

Casey Schmelz said...

How amazing this process must be for you! It was so sweet to see the girls in bed.

I love you Ellen. Enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

Billy says that you might need to download a new "codec" for the computer to play sound on dvd mode. Or else your dvd software has the volume turned all the way down. That's WWBS, for those of you wondering.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellen,
Does Grace have a cleft palate? If so, let me know. I have a wonderful, wonderful surgeon who repaired our son Tim, and an outstanding (read: the best) orthodontist who did his dental work.
Just email me and let me know.
I love the pictures and commentary. I'm so glad to hear Grace is adjusting well.
Love,
Patty