Friday, September 25, 2009

Last Blog From China

We are packed to fly out to Beijing for a 24-hour stop-over. The Forbidden City and Peking Duck, please. We are so happy to have been here, to experience all this foreign culture, but like most people in the world, we look forward to going home.

Our Guangzhou experience has been mostly good, I hope I haven't complained too much. Our hotel is very comfortable, the room is huge and we are about 7 minute's walk from the island through an interesting maze of shops, as you may have seen from previous pictures. We got quite a few bargains along the way -- can't wait for Kevin's face when I give him one of these surprises (ha ha). Little Grace is a trooper, but she is soooo mischieveous. She loves to play tricks (like knocking your hat off or stealing your spoon) and laughs like crazy when you catch her. She is already watching Frannie's every move and when Frannie gets impatient with her, she just toddles away or keeps trying to steal Frannie's toys. Grace smiles a lot and just wants to be tickled, fed and to look at herself in the mirror. Her skin spots are healing rapidly, but I can't wait to get her to the doctor for a check-up. She needs to see the cranial-facial doctor, the cardiologist and the orthopedic doc for her feet too. It may be nothing, but she walks funny to me. I was a little nervous at first, because I had forgotten the first few days and weeks with Frannie when we were ALL getting to know each other. We didn't automatically love each other and that scared me the first time around. This time I knew I would eventually see past the smelly baby they handed me, not see her imperfections or stubborn nature. I knew eventually I would just look at her huge grin and want to gobble her up with kisses, falling in love all over again. Kevin is just going to burst.

WWKS, final installment, Guangzhou, China, What the Heck is the Date?

Honey, you better come home because the dishes are piled pretty high and I have no idea where the trash bags are. Where is the washing machine anyway? I had to buy new underwear and the Chinese restaurant just delivers my sweet and sour chicken every night now. Pick up some eggs on your way home from the airport, would ya?

8 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Glad to hear you all are doing well- you had me a tad bit worried! Wish I could be there to greet you, but it's Sara's 16th b'day party about the time you will be walking out of customs! Hope so much that the flight is a good one and you see smiles from everyone (esp G and F)!!!

Dad said...

The dishes are done, the garbage is out, the refrigerator is stocked, the man-thong is a bit uncomfortable, and I've actually had salads the last three nights. The house is just TOO quiet and TOO clean. Hurry home....this peace and quiet stuff is for the birds!!

Casey Schmelz said...

Hey Fay Family:

The flooding may be delivering a present: ME! I am probably coming up sometime tonight or tomorrow and will be up there for 10 days. I will be working in the Disaster Relief Operations Headquarters or in a Service Delivery Site managing caseworkers. Maybe we can have dinner, or i can join you guys for church while i'm up there. Can't wait to meet my new cousin! Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Safe travels home! I'm so excited for you!! I love hearing about the adventures and fun and love...and I know you aren't exaggerating one bit!

love susan
oxox

~ kisses to kevin too. sounds like he could use a few. ;-)

Carrie said...

Hope to see you home safe and sound and feeling better too!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to welcome you all home! And you get to see Casey? Not fair! Prayers for safe, fast flights, agreeable babies, and lots of patience. Love you so much!
Shawn

Briana's Mom said...

Have a safe flight home!

Bushnell Girls said...

I've been stalking your blog, waiting for an update! Prayers for an uneventful trip home, wish I could do it again...
Love, Karen