Saturday, September 12, 2009

We Have Arrived





We are here, staying in one of the nicest hotels I have seen. The flight was very comfortable and seemed to go quicker than I remember. Frannie was incredibly well- behaved the whole way, given all the confusion and time-travel (we left Detroit at 4:30 pm and arrived in Shanghai 13 hours later at 7pm, what the....)

So imagine that you are in China with no clothes.....somewhere between the curb at the airport and getting to our hotel, my suitcase was lost with ALL my clothes in it. We are praying for an altruistic soul to return it to lost and found, but for now, we know nothing. The Radisson is frantically working on it as we are about to stroll down the Bund to get a Starbucks.

Rather than Kevin's sub-column from the last trip entitled "Kevin's Two Cents," I have devised my own rendition entitled "WWKS" (also known as What Would Kevin Say, allowing me, from thousands of miles away, to make fun of Kevin and speculate on how he might react in our current circumstances). For Today:

WWKS, Shanghai, China September 12, 2009 8:26 am

"You did that on purpose just so that you could buy all new clothes -- you don't fool me."

PS. Dawn, the DVD player died before it even started -- I may owe you a new one?? Nancy's laptop would not play sound so Frannie was left with no movies.
Lucy, our seats in First Class had those massaging fingers with the gentle lumbar pulses, ah, the joy of having Steve Angel as a friend....
Cheryl, the photos are being loaded, but Nancy's computer died and we couldn't figure out how to charge it -- cute pics to come....

FYI to the all travelers: "No Jet Lag" is the bomb. I feel fantastic and all 3 of us slept like logs last night -- during the NIGHT. Someone needs to explain this to me, in a chemistry-sort-of-way, I am mystified.

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I'm just so glad to hear that you are there safely! Glad all went well with Frannie and the flight. Can you even believe you are BACK IN CHINA???? So excited!!! Tell Frannie that Ally is feeling better and wants to give her a hug!

Briana's Mom said...

Yay! You made it! I hope you find your luggage soon. :)