Sunday, September 13, 2009

Miracles Do Happen!




We went to the airport to fly out to Chongqing and Nancy pushed me to go over to the Delta representative and ask about my bag again. The woman on the phone had been a bit short so I re-told the story to a guy who said something like "Delta lost your luggage?" and despite that not being ACTUALLY the truth that I had surmised, I went with that so they took down all my info and we got on our flight. Our guide Christie picked us up, all is well, yadda yadda, yadda (Lisa F, the hotel is just great, nice, convenient location, thanks!) and when we walked up to the reception, the woman tells our guide that Delta called and they are sending over my bag this afternoon. God is good. And yes, we prayed that Saint Anthony would put in a good word for us with the big guy ..... thank you Lord!

We will leave the hotel tomorrow at 1:30 to get Gracie! Please pray for that little tyke to have little fear and an open heart. Give us all understanding for her grieving and the wisdom to know what she needs.

Lucy, I had to take a picture in Shanghai of that sign. Cracked me up! Show Lauren :)

WWKS, Chongqing China, September 13, 2009

Oh honey, you deserve it, go shopping anyway! Take in a massage while you are at it.

9 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Wow - a new and improved and super-generous Kevin!! LOVE the "JoJo" -- see, Ally is with you in her own special way. Wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen, your news that you all slept so well on the flight was the biggest answer to prayer for me!!! And massaging fingers! Steve Angel, whoever you are, God bless you God bless you God bless you! -- Peggy Ward

Anonymous said...

I said WHAT?????

love,
yo husband

Anonymous said...

Steve Angel lives up to his name. What a sweetheart.
Glad you got the suitcase. (It *was* your suitcase, wasn't it.)
Prayers for Gracie are being said here at Rancho Rasmussen.
Love,
Aunt Patty

Donna said...

Wishing you and Gracie a PERFECT Gotcha Day!! Praying for Frannie too :)

Thanks for all the updates. Wow a found bag that's as good as my found wallet. The big guy upstairs sure knows how to watch over us!!

Will be up bright and early looking for pics!!!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I second what Donna said -- bright and early - thinking of you all day! We will soon be getting to bed - you are getting ready to meet Gracie!!! How exciting - I just love Gotcha Days!!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I second what Donna said -- bright and early - thinking of you all day! We will soon be getting to bed - you are getting ready to meet Gracie!!! How exciting - I just love Gotcha Days!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't think those were Kevin's exact words...Shawn

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

So glad you like the hotel! And yay about your luggage!