Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gracie is a Fay!







Gracie could not be doing any better (well, physically, she could, but...) she is smiling lots and Frannie is generally sweet to her. We went to our civil affairs meeting today and Frannie got very, very jealous of my holding Grace and cried when I had to go in the other room to take pictures. Frannie is usually pretty good with her and only freaks when it comes to my holding Grace. It's not always easy to hold two of them (while walking, for instance), but she is doing better than I thought. Nancy has been a true champ, taking my freak out moments in stride and taking up where I leave off....Grace had not cried once since we got her until yesterday. We had to leave our thumbprints on the official documents and when I put her thumb in ink and had to turn her hand over and and press down, she cried like I had pinched her. So sad to see. When I gave her a bath last night and tried to use the shower head extendo-arm to rinse her head, she wailed for a good 10 minutes. Alrighty, no problem, we have a plastic cup for rinsing purposes.

Grace's skin does worry me, but it seems to be getting better somehow. I'm waiting for word from MP....

My prayers go out to Karoline and her family as I just read that her Mom passed away. God bless all the Rumps.

We went out to get meat on a stick for dinner last night. See Frannie eating tentacles with gusto. We all enjoyed the spicy Sichuan food. Believe it or not, there is an entire section of the grocery store dedicated to Ramen noodles. We are trying to eat the local cuisine as much as possible, but I have to admit to Donna that we did break down and eat KFC one night due to time constraints. HOWEVER, we had mystery meat sandwiches from there so it doesn't count as eating American fast food. We are scheduled to eat at a hot pot restaurant tonight after a tour of the hot spots in Chongqing.

WWKS, Chongqing, China September 16, 2009

Have you started teaching Gracie how to Gator chomp yet? Have you told her about Tebow? Does she know that the Gators are 2-0 already?

9 comments:

Laura Shoar said...

Ellen, I am keeping up with all your posts. Gracie is beautiful. Frannie will do better with time. She is use to having you all to herself. God bless you and have a safe trip. Laura

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

The girls are just precious together! Frannie is doing great - it's hard to share such a sweet mommy!!! Love from "home"....

Bushnell Girls said...

Congratulations from the mother of the west coast Frannie! Although she is having some "moments," I'll bet that Frannie is the reason that Gracie is looking so relaxed. I am certain that it helped my Abigail Grace to have big sister Frances along for the trip. The "sleeping" photo is precious; you'd better frame it!

Steve and Darcy said...

Welcome to the Fay family, little Gracie!! I am sure that it is hard to see Frannie fighting for your attention, but don't worry, this too shall pass!! Stephanie and Liz don't even remember a time without Danielle, and all 3 of them are doing great with their new brother. Now Michael has a hard time sharing at times, but he will get over it!! Tell Frannie that the girls miss her and tell her hi!! We will have to have a play date when you get home and rested!! We love you! You are doing great!

Donna said...

Are you really feeding Frannie tentacles?!?!? OMG! They do have a McDs in that town I am sure of it :)

Frannie will come around, just keep telling her she has to be in charge of her new baby! She will be a great big sister.

Gracie looks SO tiny. How much does she weigh? How is her palate? Shelby had terrible itchy skin with scratches all over her body the whole time we were in China. After some Cetaphil and Aquaphor she recovered quickly and that is all I can still bathe her in. Maybe you can find some medicated lotion at the store if you didn't bring any.

You look great for having 2 kids! Let the fun begin!!

norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
norma said...

I feel like I'm right there with you! I love what you write! I love how you write! Frannie looks happy! You look very happy! Grace is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her in person! Kevin is doing well; he is still smiling when he drives by my house! Love you and can't wait to see you ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you save some tentacles for Daddy?

Judy Valdez said...

Gracie is beautiful! Congratulations! It is wonderful that Frannie is there to share this awesome experience with her new little sister! As you know, having sisters yourself, the sibling rivalry is something that can either make you laugh or drive you nuts. Choose to laugh as you watch their deep committment to each other grow and grow! The Fay Family is SO blessed! God is SO GOOD!