Wednesday, September 9, 2009

*phew* that was close

Frannie is doing MUCH, MUCH better, thanks be to God and thanks to everyone praying. She has two close friends who have had the swine flu recently and I'm so, so grateful that Frannie is better. She has slept through two nights and this morning I actually woke her up when I looked in at her at 7:15.




The scenes here are what goes on while Mom is packing -- Frannie must wear that backpack (because Dora has one) and she has to watch it from a 2 inch distance (because every child HAS to do that) and the dogs are right at my feet, following me all over the house as I search for packing necessities. Thanks to all my friends, calling me and wishing us well. Thanks Denise C. for the lavender, thanks digit friends for all the prayers and advice, thanks Mary Pat for pick us up at the airport and thank you to everyone else out there. I will NOT post from Detroit (ha ha) but I will post something from Shanghai -- can't wait to see this crazy, bustling city! We are scheduled to get Gracie on Monday, the 14th (we will be 12 hours ahead so we will probably post photos by the time you wake up that morning) :)

4 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Oh Come on Ellen!!! Please post in Detroit!!! JK -- have a great trip and wish and pray you ALL well!!! Happy trip, happy mom, happy Frannie, happy Grace, happy friend, and of course, happy dad!

Love you ALL!!!

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Wishing you all the best! Have a safe trip!!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

So so so thankful she is better and praying you all travel healthy! Can't wait to live your journey to EK's homeland!!! Praying for you all!!!

Donna said...

Praying daily for you my friend! Have a great trip and of course POST whenever and from whereever you can, we are waiting and refreshing constantly :)